Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Who is it that calls my house at 3 p.m. every afternoon...

...and wakes me up, then doesn't say anything when I pick up the phone? You suck!!

Well, now that I am up (*groan*) I will get to the business of posting some photos from Monday's trip out to our local cornfield maze. This is the third year we've gone, and I don't know whether it's the fact that it was 90+ degrees in the baking sun with no breeze whatsoever, or simply the fact that the novelty has worn off, but... none of us enjoyed ourselves as much this year as we have in the past. The minute we got into the maze, Liam kept saying we should find our way out again, and I had to agree with him. We didn't even bother finishing the second half. How awful is that?We did make use of the other amenities included with the price of admission though, like the corn box - big, big hit:And we also finally got Liam on the Cow Train - not included in the price of admission, but only $1 more and the kids were on it for a good ten minutes. Much more bang for your buck than the $4, 30-second-long carny rides at the fair.This cow train shows up at all the local events and Liam always looks intrigued by it... until it's his turn to get on... and then he shys away. This time, he rode it! The best part of the day by far, though, as far as Liam was concerned? We smuggled a bit of corn out of the maze with us, and then later that day, we went to feed the ducks. And let me tell you... approaching a gaggle of ducks and geese with corn? It drives 'em nuts. We were mobbed.Maybe next year will be the year when Liam is completely thrilled to find himself lost in a field. We'll keep trying. If nothing else, at least it gets us out for some fresh air and exercise... something I find I am lacking these days!!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I think part of the problem is being able to navigate a corn maze and fall festivities in Crocs, a tee and shorts!??? WTH??? Where is FALL? Still insanely warm here too, so not in the mood to venture to any fall like activites!